Multiple benefits come from the cross-functional value matrix at TRIF. For the first time retail and AFH people, as well as all other players in the business, can get complete and in-depth insight into entire tissue value chain, from fibers to consumers. Numerous benefits, such as deeper knowledge and understanding of both capabilities and potential, can be gained as all key functions in the tissue value chain easily meet to enable cross-functional matrix of communications, cooperation and innovation to create more value.
The matrix includes:
Retailers/AFH buyers - Category Managers, Sourcing, Biz Dev, Facility Services, Technical and Consumer Insight People.
Manufacturers - Technical experts, Biz Dev, Sales, Marketing, Consumer Insight, Innovators. Technology Suppliers - Technical Experts, Sales, R&D Visionaries, Innovators
Concise short course in critical timely topics
TRIF will include 4 new half-day workshops designed to rapidly bring interested retailers up to date on timely issues and opportunities. In addition, numerous manufacturers of tissue products will be exhibiting and available for 'Fast Track' meetings with buyers to discuss not only short-term business transactions but longer-term cooperation and development capabilities.
The program of speakers is currently being assembled and will likely cover the following topics:
A. The Plenary Forum - speeches followed by panel discussions
- New Sources of Supply in the Americas and Changes in the Supply/Demand Balance
- New Product Innovations both Big and Small
- Evolving Consumer/Household Needs and Trends and Implications for Tissue
- New Tissue Making and Converting Technology Approaching TAD Quality
- Environment Demands and Requirements
- Potential Efficiencies to Be Gained All along the Tissue Value Supply Chain
B. Tissue, Sustainability and the Environment: Are you Leading or Following?
- The Greenpeace and WWF Positions on Tissue Products Currently: Risks and Rewards
- How Manufacturers Are Profiling Themselves to Meet Customer and Consumer Demands
- Will Green Retailing Have Impact in the Marketplace?
- Fiber Sources: Certified? Recycled? Bamboo? What next?
C. Brands and Private Label: What Strategies are Best
- In 2011 in W Europe PL tissue had 64% volume, and in the US 26%. How does the future look?
- Will national brands continue to bring value or will PL grow as it has in Europe?
- What value do national brands bring to the retailer?
- How will newcomers change the market?
D. On-Line Retailing, the Next Generation and Impact on Tissue Sales Channels
- Amazon, Staples and many other big online players are getting more involved in tissue paper products sales.
- How will traditional retail channels change in the coming decade?
- Will bricks and mortar be overtaken by PC clicks and home deliveries of bulky tissue products?