ATLANTA, GA, Nov. 17, 2016 (PRNewswire) -Graphic Packaging International, Inc. won a total of seven awards at the Paperboard Packaging Council (PPC) 2016 Awards competition in late October. This year's event was held in San Antonio, TX. The prestigious awards competition is one of the industry's premier events for recognizing advancements in paperboard packaging design.
Graphic Packaging won a coveted Gold Award for the Keebler Club Crackers flip top carton, a Z-Flute® heavyweight folding carton solution, which provides a more consumer-friendly design and features a simple-to-operate flip top opening for easy access. Additionally, the Company received several Excellence Awards in the beverage and consumer product categories for the following paperboard cartons:
- Devil's Backbone six-pack cans – fully enclosed carton with enhancements
- Flowers Foods TastyKake Minis pantry pack
- Kellogg's 54-count Rice Krispies Treats carton with enhancements
- Mom Brands Kung Fu Panda 3 cereal box with enhancements
- Orion Breweries Cooler Box – cooler package that holds ice
- Traeger Grill Wood Pellets 10-pound Z-Flute® carton – added convenience, storage and functionality versus previous flexible package
"Graphic Packaging continues to delight customers with inspired and innovative packaging designs that are made from environmentally responsible paperboard, are in tune with consumer insights and anticipate consumers' needs and interests," said Aaron Bates, VP of Innovation and Design. "As a consecutive winner of several awards from the PPC, we always look forward to this competition and learning how our design and innovation work gets measured by our industry colleagues. Our approach to developing innovative packaging solutions helps our customers deliver results."
Graphic Packaging congratulates the other award winners and eagerly anticipates the 2017 competition.