VIENNA, Austria, March 12, 2020 (Press Release) -The new GC2 virgin fibre quality Excellent Top Strong will replace the existing grade Excellent Top from the German mill Baiersbronn in grammages from 215 gsm to 375 gsm.
Excellent Top Strong is a further development of the established GC2 quality Excellent Top with improved stiffness values, which enables a reduction in weight of approx. 10 % (grammage dependent).
The last production of Excellent Top in the grammages 215–375 gsm will take place in October 2020. The higher grammages 400, 425, 450 gsm of current Excellent Top will remain unchanged.
Advantages of the new cartonboard:
- Reduction of the folding box weight by approx. 10 % (grammage dependent)
- Thus reduction of the fees paid to the “Duales System” of approx. 10 %
- Reduction of the ecological footprint
Proven advantages will remain:
- Perfect codability (both inkjet and laser coding) ensured – thanks to identical coating of Excellent Top Strong and Excellent Top
- Excellent colour reproduction
- Unchanged die-cutting tools – caliper of new Excellent Top Strong e.g. in 250 gsm remains the same as current Excellent Top 275 gsm
- Optimum results with Braille embossing further ensured
- Maximum supply and delivery reliability due to weekly production at the Baiersbronn mill
The changes are also applicable for Excellent Top Freeze and Excellent Top PH 0.3.
The changes do not apply for Excellent Top Freeze Grease.