HELSINKI, Nov 7, 2014 (Press Release) -
After several years of development, UPM launches a new revolutionary paper grade.
"UPM Valor combines our expertise and high quality materials. We have taken a massive leap forward in the development of our traditional paper products," says Product Portfolio Manager Antti Pokkinen in Augsburg, Germany.
The paper producers have always wanted to produce paper from as little material as possible while keeping the paper properties consistent. UPM Valor fulfils this objective.
"UPM Valor was created by market demand. Customers expect cost efficiency from paper deliveries. Printed publications need to compete with other media products," explains Pokkinen.
Paper products can become more competitive by making savings in mailing and delivery costs and by supporting the sustainability of customer operations. UPM Valor enables all this and Finnair, for instance, has reduced fuel costs by using this lighter paper grade for its in-flight magazine.
UPM Valor is ideal for publications and printed products that are expected to be premium quality.
"Although UPM Valor is light, it feels the same in your hands as heavier grades," says Pokkinen.
Since fewer raw materials are needed, UPM Valor has a smaller environmental footprint. Will paper grades be more like UPM Valor in the future?
"The financial and environmental benefits are so obvious that I would say so, yes."
- High quality printing paper especially designed for magazine publishers and brand owners
- Made as 68, 61 and 50 gram weights in Finland and Germany
- More printing surface per tonne of paper
- Opacity, lightness, colour reproduction ability and smoothness are as good as those of heavier paper grades
- Paper properties are similar to medium heavy coated MWC or lightly coated LWC printing papers, depending on the basis weight