BOULOGNE-BILLANCOURT, France, June 22, 2015 (Press Release) -
Antalis reiterates its strategy of expanding its footprint in growing segments that complement paper distribution, following its acquisition of:
- PaperlinX's Packaging companies in the UK, representing sales of around €30 million.
- Hansapakend in Estonia, with sales of around €7 million. This transaction is subject to clearance from the Estonian anti-trust authorities.
These companies generate all of their sales from the distribution of packaging products.
- PaperlinX A/S in Denmark, which generates two-thirds of its sales in packaging and one-third in visual communication, and Cadorit i Boras AB in Sweden, which operates exclusively in the visual communication market.
They represent total sales of around €92 million.
These acquisitions significantly strengthen Antalis' position on the market for the distribution of packaging products and solutions, bringing its sales close to €450 million. Antalis is significantly increasing its geographical presence operating in more than 29 countries throughout Europe and South America to serve the major manufacturing industries like automotive, machine building, electronics, 3PL distribution, e- commerce business and platforms etc. with custom made solutions and services. This international network allows Antalis to serve large international accounts on a pan-European level.
Antalis' development in the high-potential markets for the distribution of packaging products and visual communication media is consistent with its strategy of making these segments the second pillar of its overall business model, alongside paper distribution. In 2014, these two businesses represented 12% and 6% of Antalis' sales, respectively, and their growing contribution to Antalis' gross margin amounts to 33%.
Commenting on these acquisitions, Hervé Poncin, Chief Operating Officer of Antalis and Executive Vice President of Sequana, said: "By boosting our presence on the European market for the distribution of packaging products and visual communication media, where Antalis is a key player, we are confirming our growth strategy in these high-potential sectors. Consolidating our position allows us to serve our customers more effectively and to step up our growth in Europe. These profitable companies will have a positive impact on Antalis' earnings as from 2015."
Sequana (Euronext Paris: SEQ), is a major player in the paper industry, boasting leading positions in each of its two businesses:
- Antalis: European leader in the distribution of paper and packaging products, with around 5,500 employees based in 44 countries.
- Arjowiggins: World leader in creative and technical papers, with almost 4,000 employees.
Sequana reported sales of €3.4 billion in 2014 and employed some 9,600 people worldwide.