"Our course schedule for 2011 will cover a number of timely topics," said Larry N. Montague, president and CEO of TAPPI. "Most of these courses are offered annually, but each one is up to date with the latest technical and operational information. We encourage companies to consider budgeting now for their key employees to attend these invaluable sessions."
This year TAPPI is offering a new course, Biofinery, from May 12-14 in Norcross. It is designed to capture cutting-edge knowledge about this evolving industry.
Taught by experts in the field, these courses provide intensive exposure to various subject matter and include overviews of the topic, specific problem-solving sessions and solutions-oriented curriculum. The 2011 courses, their dates and locations include:
- Introduction to Pulp and Paper, January 10-13, Florida
- Kraft Recovery, January 10-13, Florida
- Best Practices, February15-18, Georgia
- Hands-On Workshop, March 14-18, NC State
- Linerboard Medium and Corrugated Box Manufacturing, April 5-7, Wisconsin
- Tissue Runnability, April 12-14, Georgia
- World of Market Pulp, April 30, Kentucky
- Biorefinery, May 16-20, Georgia
- Lean Manufacturing Flexo & Die Cutters, May 24-26, Georgia
- Hands-On Workshop, June 6-10, NC State
- Lean Maintenance for the Corrugated Industry, June 7-8, Georgia
- Linerboard/Medium Manufacture, August 1-4, Georgia
- Introduction to Kraft Pulping & Bleaching, August 8-9, Georgia
- Tissue Manufacture, August 10-11, Georgia
- Hands-On Workshop, October 3-7, NC State
More information is available on the TAPPI courses website about the specifics of these offerings, including registration costs and deadlines.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging and converting industries and publisher of Paper360° and TAPPI JOURNAL. Through information exchange, events, trusted content, and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster, and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry's leaders for more than 90 years. Visit www.tappi.org.