Primary Features and Benefits of Midland's Digital Edge Coated Paper include:
- Premium Coated Sheet at Economy Grade Price
- Broad Range of Basis Weights Available (including 65#,110# and 130# Cover)
- Available in 12 x 18, 13 x 19, 14.33 x 20.5, 14.33 x 26 (for iGen 4) and 20.875 x 29.5 (for HP Indigo 10000)
- Triple-Blade Coated Allowing For Superior Ink Adhesion and Print Quality
- 91 Brightness
- 30% PCW - Highest Post-Consumer Waste Content of any Coated Paper for Digital Printing
- Chain of Custody Fiber - FSC
- RIT 3 Star Rating Across the Board for Runnability, Ink Adhesion and Blanket Wear on HP Indigo Technology
- RIT "Photo Recommended" for HP Indigo Technology - tested and approved to perform well with higher levels of ink coverage
- Xerox recommended and RIT Approved for Nexpress print devices
"I have been involved in Digital Papers for over 12 years now" said Mike Ratcliff, Midland's VP and General Manager for Specialty Paper and Film. "I can honestly say that I am as bullish about the Digital Edge Coated Paper product offering as I have been for any product launch I have been involved with for several reasons. First and foremost, it is a premium quality sheet at a "fighting grade" price. Second, our field testing of this sheet indicates that its ink adhesion "hot off the press" is as good as any sheet in the market. Finally, Midland is committed to supporting our customers with a stocking commitment of multiple sheet sizes across a wide range of basis weights. You won't see any merchant in the country stocking the breadth and depth of sizes and basis weights that Midland has for Coated Paper".
Midland offers an extensive line of mill-branded Digital Coated Papers as well, including Sappi, Appleton Coated, Mohawk and Moorim. "The depth and variety of our Digital Coated Paper lineup provides an extremely compelling product offering for our customers. With the ability to recommend multiple solutions for a specific print application, our customers have several options that fit their print technology and their end user requirements", stated Mike Graves, President, Midland Paper, Packaging and Supplies. "Frankly, it's hard not to notice the sizable commitment that Midland has made to our customers across the country when it comes to Digital and Offset Coated Papers."
With over $850 million in annual sales, Midland Paper, Packaging and Supplies is one of the largest independently owned merchant distributors in North America. Midland's access to the world's highest quality paper mills and digital substrate manufacturers, combined with its commitment to provide excellent customer service and unmatched industry expertise, uniquely positions the company to be the future of digital media supply.