"This is an incredible milestone for our company and we're thankful for each employee, customer and supplier that has helped Mac Papers become what it is today," said Sutton McGehee, Chairman and CEO of Mac Papers. "It's exciting to see the company's growth and evolution over the past 50 years, and with strong values as our foundation, a robust distribution network and a diversified offering, the future looks promising."
The core values that its founders instilled into Mac Papers remain at the heart of the business, and the company will bring those values to life through a series of events throughout 2015, including:
- 50th Anniversary website: A new site dedicated to the 50th anniversary launched today, including a message from leadership, a commemorative video, a photo yearbook and an invitation to contribute photos and stories about Mac Papers.
- A new brand: Mac Papers will unveil a new corporate brand on March 10, symbolizing the company's heritage alongside the innovation that paves the way forward.
- Customer appreciation roadshow: Mac Papers will host a series of open-house events to celebrate its 50th and showcase the new brand. It is one of many ways we'll thank customers and suppliers for their continued support.
- Day of service: Mac Papers is planning an event where employees will be invited to give back to the local community. It will be in partnership with Dreams Come True, a Jacksonville non-profit founded by Tom McGehee that grants the dreams of children with life-threatening illnesses.
- Going social: The company has officially joined Twitter. Follow Mac Papers to stay up to date with the latest news and insights.
Founded by brothers Tom and Frank McGehee, Mac Papers opened in January 1965 as a Jacksonville-based paper merchant, followed by the opening of its affiliate, Mac Papers Envelope Converters, in 1967. Since then, the company has evolved into a leading industrial distributor, spanning 22 distribution centers and 18 stores across nine Southeastern states. In addition to growing its paper and print offering, Mac Papers has expanded its business around other industrial products, which include packaging, facility supplies and office products.
Mac Papers remains a family-owned business, and is currently run by the second generation of the McGehee family: Sutton, David and Mac McGehee. Five third-generation family members also currently work in the business.
To learn more about this anniversary, please visit MacPapers.com/50.
About Mac Papers
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Mac Papers is one of the largest wholesale distributors in the Southeast U.S. The company is a distribution partner for paper, wide format printing, graphics, packaging, facility solutions and office products. Mac Papers works with best-in-class suppliers to help businesses and consumers deliver quality results, improve efficiency and increase their bottom line. The company operates 22 branch locations and 18 Mini Mac retail stores across nine states in the Southeast. Mac Papers is a third-generation, family-owned and operated business founded in 1965. For more information, please visit MacPapers.com.