US pulp and paper freight was off 0.6% for the week and 2.6% lower year-to-date, while weekly Canadian volume was 5.1% higher and year-to-date was off 0.7%, AAR showed. Mexican volumes were 11.8% higher in the week and 40.3% lower year-to-date.Read more
● The Montreal Port Authority has obtained an injunction. The purpose of this injunction is to allow access to the Port and to continue work unrelated to the employees of the Maritime Employers Association.
● The grain terminal can receive and ship cargo.
● The Maritime Employers Association is maintaining its lockout.Read more
● The Maritime Employers Association is maintaining its lockout.
● There are no incidents to report.
● The road entrances to the Port are being picketed by members of the Longshoremen's Union.
● Freight car movement to and from the Port has been suspended.
● Rail traffic inside the Port was suspended.Read more
Greatwide said it will hire 40 experienced professional truck drivers within a 100-mile radius of Wisconsin Rapids, which includes the cities of La Crosse, Green Bay and Eau Claire. The company expects to fill all positions by the end of July.Read more
Carload volume on Eastern railroads was up 12.6% from last year, but down 14.9% from 2008. In the West, carload volume was up 9.1% from last year but down 6.9% from two years ago.Read more