The following speakers and panelists are confirmed for the seminar:
- Elizabeth Carvalhaes, President,Brazilian Pulp and Paper Association (BRACELPA)
- Tom Wright, Research Director,Hawkins Wright
- Rodrigo Giordano, International Logistics Manager,International Paper
- Alan Bog, Commercial Manager Asia,Westerlund Group
- David Giacomini, Vice President, Operations, East Coast South America and Africa,CSAV
- Rodrigo Vilaça, President,Brazilian Association of Rail Transports (ANTF)
- Raimundo Montt, Head of Logistics,Empresas CMPC
- Alfredo Mavignier, Commercial & Logistics Manager,CENIBRA
- Alvaro Bunster, International Logistics Manager,El Dorado
- Julian Thomas, Director,Hamburg Sud
- Roberto Gayoso, Vice President & General Manager,Grieg Star Shipping Rio
- José Soares, Commercial Director of Kraftliner,Klabin
- Trip Bailey, President,BalTerm
- Scott Menzies, President & CEO,The Terminal Corporation
- Louis Kanters, Managing Director,Interrijn Holding BV
- Wilen Manteli, President,Brazilian Association of Port Terminals
- Buddy Greene, Vice President,Cooper/T. Smith
- Ana Paula Trilho, Corporate Logistics Manager,Grupo Orsa
- Fernando Carsalade, General Manager,Saga Forest Carriers
- Philippe Wauters, Vice President & General Manager,Westfal-Larsen Shipping do Brasil
- Martin Verbrugge, President & CEO,Verbrugge Terminals BV
- Raffaele Bortolussi, Managing Director,Mar-Ter Spedizioni Spa
"South America, without question, is the fastest growing region in the world for forest products," said Ana Paula Trilho, Corporate Logistics Manager, Grupo Orsa. "This growth will bring some challenges, but at the same time it will open new avenues for progress and innovation we have not seen before."
Early registration for the seminar ends August 20, 2010. Attendees registered for the seminar include representatives from leading pulp and paper producers, shipping lines, port authorities, stevedoring companies, logistics companies, and material handling equipment manufacturers.
The official sponsors for the seminar include CSA Forest Products Stevedores, BalTerm, Fr. Meyer's Sohn, Algeposa Group, Grieg Star Shipping, Spliethoff, V. Alexander, Verbrugge Terminals BV, Westerlund, and Zeebrugge Breakbulk Terminal.
About the IFPTA
The International Forest Products Transport Association (IFPTA) was established in 1982 as an organization for professionals within the global forest products logistics industry. The Association provides a networking framework to encourage communication and innovation among all roles and participants in the industry. The IFPTA supports theIFPTA Journal, produces various regional seminars, and organizes the biennial PPI Transport Symposium in conjunction with RISI. For more information, visit www.ifpta.org.