CONCORD TOWNSHIP, OH , April 12, 2021 (Business Wire) -Ranpak Holdings Corp. (“Ranpak”), a global leader of environmentally sustainable, paper-based packaging solutions for e-commerce and industrial supply chains, today released its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report for 2020.
Highlighting its mission to Deliver a Better World, the 2020 Ranpak ESG Impact Report sets bold, ambitious goals for the company and its 650 worldwide employees, including commitments by 2030 to:
- Reduce our absolute greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 1 and Scope 2) by at least 46% by 2030, which is in line with the global reductions necessary to keep global warming to 1.5°C from pre-industrial levels.
- Source an aggregate paper supply consisting of at least 75% recycled (i.e. post-industrial & post-consumer waste) pulp by 2030.
- Source an aggregate paper supply consisting of at least 25% post-consumer waste or alternative pulp by 2030.
- Sell 100% of our paper products as FSC-certified, all by 2030.
The 2020 Ranpak ESG Impact Report also shares the company’s progress in several key areas affecting its ESG performance, including 2020 benchmarks achieved in:
- Renewable resources of Ranpak raw materials (80%).
- Increased usage of recycled fiber by 3%.
- Recycling of Ranpak total waste generated (96%).
- Diversity & inclusion with a commitment to varied perspectives.
The report also discloses additional ESG data for 2020 including energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, diversity, and safety performance. Lastly, Ranpak noted its commitment to aligning its corporate mission with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations in 2015.
“It goes without saying that 2020 has been an unprecedented year. I am extremely proud of the Ranpak team, all of whom have demonstrated remarkable resilience while meeting the needs of our customers for sustainable packaging solutions, and I am equally as proud of the progress we have made against our 2019 ESG goals,” said Omar Asali, Chairman & CEO of Ranpak. “With the release of our 2020 ESG Impact Report, Ranpak is reinforcing our commitment to be proactive agents of positive change both inside and outside our organization.”
David Murgio, Ranpak’s Chief Sustainability Officer & Secretary, added, “Ranpak will continue to advance our overall ESG performance and is excited to establish these important targets for 2030. With these targets, Ranpak looks forward to proving once again that it is possible to both protect our natural environment and produce more sustainable and more effective packaging solutions for the global supply chain.”
In preparing the 2020 ESG Impact Report, Ranpak incorporated several metrics from the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards for Containers & Packaging, as well as certain Global Reporting Initiative Standards.
Founded in 1972, Ranpak's goal was to create the first environmentally responsible system to protect products during shipment. Ranpak’s mission is to deliver sustainable packaging solutions that help improve supply chain performance and costs, reduce environmental impact, and support a variety of growing business needs globally. The development and improvement of materials, systems and total solution concepts have earned Ranpak a reputation as an innovative leader in e-commerce and industrial supply chain solutions. Ranpak is headquartered in Concord Township, Ohio and has approximately 650 employees.