PARIS, March 11, 2021 (Press Release) -SUEZ has reiterated for several weeks its willingness to find a negotiated solution which:
- offers to its employees all the social guarantees,
- ensures to customers that all the Group's long-term commitments will be maintained within the framework of sustainable competition and constant innovation,
- values SUEZ at its fair value for its shareholders.
SUEZ Board of Directors will study the proposals made today by Veolia even if, at this point, the proposal of Veolia lacks seriousness and raises the following questions:
- The sustainability of the French activities, cut off from growth and innovation of international developments. The proposed “20 years” step backwards would not guarantee customers the competition of an international leader nor the credibility of solutions developed for a global market and meeting the challenges of the ecological transition,
- For the Group’s French employees, today’s proposal therefore offers deceptive social guarantees in a tough economic environment,
- For shareholders, no valuation of SUEZ at a fair price is proposed. The offer price, unchanged since October, is unacceptable. Finally, the conditions of the transaction with Meridiam remain opaque.
In the absence of real willingness to negotiate and of serious proposals, the Group is pursuing its SUEZ 2030 industrial project. Every day, this plan demonstrates its strength for the benefit of its customers, by allowing to build a more sustainable environment through concrete and innovative solutions, and for the benefit of its shareholders by enabling increased value creation.