NEENAH, WI, Oct. 11, 2018 (Press Release) -Menasha Corporation was honored as a recipient of the Distinguished Performer Award for Sustainability as part of the Deloitte Wisconsin 75 program, an annual list that recognizes the contributions made to Wisconsin's economy by the state's largest privately and closely held companies. Menasha Corporation ranks #16 on the 2018 list and has been named to the top-tier list every year since the award inception in 2003.
"As a company approaching 170 years in business, we are both pleased and honored to be recognized for our responsible business practices that have contributed to our sustainability, longevity, and environmental responsibility," said Jim Kotek, president and CEO, Menasha Corporation. "We are committed to exploring new and better ways to add value for our customers and employees and in our communities. This recognition is a rewarding signal that our efforts do not go unnoticed."
Examples of Menasha Corporation's sustainability achievements include:
- A 90 percent reduction in water use since 2010 despite more than doubling the size of the company during that time
- A 7 percent reduction in waste since 2013, including one corrugated plant reduction of 45,000 lbs. of waste in 2017, and another plant saving 125,000 lbs. of waste paper
- Installed three new eco-friendly presses over the past 18 months
- The company's ORBIS Corporation is a business based on a circular "make, use, return" manufacturing model, allowing a plastic container or pallet to be reused many times before the end of its useful life
- The company was the recipient of several sustainability awards and certifications, including the Green Master award by the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council for seven consecutive years, a Top Green Provider for four consecutive years by Food Logistics Magazine, the Wisconsin DNR Green Tier Program, Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Forestry Initiative, Energy Star®, ISTA-6 Series Amazon, and it has a LEED Gold® certification for its headquarters building in Neenah, Wis.
- Menasha Corporation publishes an annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report providing its sustainable activities and accomplishments, available in the Sustainability section on its website at www.menashacorporation.com.
"Quantifying our environmental performance is not only important to Menasha Packaging Company and our employees, but it's also an area of focus for our customers, who know they can rely on us to be accountable for our products and services," said Mike Riegsecker, president of Menasha Packaging Company, one of Menasha Corporation's two businesses.
About Menasha Corporation
Menasha Corporation is a leading corrugated and plastic packaging manufacturer and supply chain solutions provider specializing in retail merchandising packaging and displays, plastic reusable containers and pallets, protective packaging interiors, and packaging supply chain and fulfillment services. Menasha Corporation's products and services are used by major food, beverage, consumer products, healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial and automotive companies. Established in 1849, Menasha Corporation is one of America's oldest privately held, family-owned manufacturing companies. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, the company employs approximately 6,400 employees in 120 facilities in North America and Europe. For more information, visit www.menashacorporation.com.
About Menasha Packaging
Menasha Packaging Company, LLC, based in Neenah, Wisconsin, is a subsidiary of Menasha Corporation and has approximately 3,600 employees at locations across North America. Menasha Packaging is a leading provider of graphic consumer packaging, merchandising solutions, contract packaging and fulfillment services, e-commerce solutions, corrugated packaging, food packaging, and shipping containers. With a network of design, sales service centers, corrugated and paperboard manufacturing plants, and fulfillment facilities located throughout North America, the company's mission is to help its customers protect, move, and promote their products better than anyone else. Visit its website at www.menasha.com.