LUND, Sweden , June 21, 2018 (Press Release) -We all see an ever increasing focus on the environmental perspectives and circular economy in the marketplace. As an example, considerations on sustainability are always part of innovation projects and they are more and more often the key driver.
Below you find the AR Packaging Sustainability Report for 2017, which is the eleventh report since 2007. The report is prepared following the new GRI guidelines on sustainability reporting (called "GRI Standards") and the three plants acquired in 2016 are fully included.
We are proud to present the wide range of actions taken at both the Group level and local plant level and thereby demonstrate our strong commitment to sustainable development. Some overall achievements in 2017:
- Substantial reduction of carbon emissions
- Reduced energy consumption in line with set target for 2020
- Four plants are now running on 100% renewable energy
- Increased number of plants that are SEDEX members and running social audits
- New process to assess main suppliers in terms of sustainability
- A number of new product developments launched which offer strong environmental benefits
- Well established high food safety procedures with intensive efforts to further develop our leading position in this field