OSAKA, Japan, Jan. 6, 2014 (Press Release) -Rengo Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Kita-ku, Osaka; President & CEO: Kiyoshi Otsubo) announces that it officially commenced operations today at the Shin-Nagoya Plant (Kasugai-shi, Aichi Prefecture), in place of Rengo's former Nagoya Plant (Higashi-ku, Nagoya-shi).
Ample consideration has been given to the environment at the new plant, including the introduction of photovoltaic power generation systems. The plant has been fitted with many such leading-edge technologies and design innovations meant to help protect the global environment, such as the first seismically isolated automated warehouse at a Rengo corrugated plant, which has been installed in order to improve safety during distribution work and accomplish efficient inventory management.
In addition to working to further reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions, Rengo will realize its concept of "Less is more." by aiming to create high-quality products with great added value that use fewer resources. In addition, this plant will serve as a central base for the Rengo Group in the Chubu region. Rengo will provide full support to the economy of the Chubu region-where increased development is expected due to the planned opening of the Linear Chuo Shinkansen, a high-speed train linking Tokyo and Nagoya-in the field of packaging.
Overview of Rengo Co., Ltd. Shin-Nagoya Plant
NameShin-Nagoya Plant, Rengo Co., Ltd.
LocationAkechi East Industrial Park, 1514-82 Tonmei, Akechi-cho, Kasugai-shi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Date of openingJanuary 1, 2014 (operations commence January 6, 2014)
RepresentativePlant General Manager Kaoru Inoue
Total site area105,785m2
Total floor area36,991m2 (Building area approx. 29,295m2)
Number of employees120
Main businessManufacturing and sales of corrugated board and boxes
Balancing high quality and productivity
1. Cutting-edge facilities ensure a balance of high productivity and quality.
2. Rengo's various, originally developed inspection equipment and defect elimination equipment results in consistently high quality.
3. Rengo's originally developed centralized production management system accomplishes production optimization and visualization.
4. Thorough measures are taken against hot weather via high ceilings and ventilation.
Natural light is also utilized for a bright environment that is pleasant to work in.
Introducing the first seismically isolated automated warehouse a Rengo corrugated plant
1. Maximum number of pallets Approx. 4,000
2. Stacker cranes 5
3. Installation height Approx. 30m
4. Features One of Japan's largest seismically isolated automated warehouse
Automatic distribution system for optimum efficiency
Other types of consideration for the environment
1. Large lithium-ion storage batteries for power storage
2. LEDs used for all lighting (automatic lighting control that detects natural light)
3. Gas boilers to reduce CO2 emissions
4. All lifts are battery-powered and do not produce emissions
5. Energy-conserving corrugator through systems such as steam circulation systems
6. Reduced waste through the centralized management of energy equipment, using a central monitoring system
7. Well-insulated buildings that reduce energy required for air conditioning
8. Corru-Air Duct (air-conditioning ducts made of corrugated board)
9. A large-scale dust collection system that gathers and solidifies paper dust to reduce its volume Etc.