VIENNA, Austria, Nov. 19, 2012 (Press Release) -Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper UK invited key sustainability managers to the Green Event, which covered a variety of topics including how companies stay green, current climate issues, and active environmental projects. Here, the company also launched its latest environmental knowledge-sharing initiatives: the new Green Video and the Green Range Trivia Game.
Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper UK held the 2nd annual Green Event at the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust's (WWT) London Wetlands Centre in Barnes, UK, on the 24th October. Speakers at the event included Mondi sustainability experts and environmental managers from leaders in the printing industry and NGOs.
"Environmental initiatives like the Green Event or our Green Range Trivia Game engage stakeholders and communicate Mondi's contributions to sustainable paper making. The Green Event encourages knowledge sharing amongst environmental organisations and paper industry experts, which is an important factor driving green innovation to become, as our Green Range slogan states, As green as it gets," said Johannes Klumpp, Marketing and Sales Director, Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper Europe and International.
Green Event presentations covered a broad range of topics:
- Peter Gardiner, Mondi's natural resources manager presented on Mondi's international environmental projects.
- Damian Fleming, senior programme manager for WWF highlighted issues affecting the Amazon and WWF initiatives in this region.
- Alun Watkins, from PEFCTMUK, demystified the industry terminology with regards to PEFCTMaccreditation.
- Bruno Zago, environmental manager at HP, presented HP's successful strategy as one of the world's greenest companies (Newsweek Green Rankings® 2012).
- Rob Shore, WWT head of wetland conservation presented the organisation's conservation projects in the UK and abroad, which protect wetlands for wildlife and people.
- Susan Brunner, marketing manager for sustainable brands at Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper, gave an overview of the Green Range: Mondi's eco-conscious product range, the new campaign that was launched this year and the new Green Range Trivia Game (www.mondigroup.com/gogreentrivia).
Held at the WWT's London Wetlands Centre, the event shed light on the work being done by the WWT. The Green Event closed with the premiere of the Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper UK Green Video (on YouTube), which was filmed at the WWT site in Arundel. Along with the natural landscape of the WWT site, the video starred pupils from the local primary school in West Sussex.
Announced at the event, the new Mondi Green Range Trivia Game (www.mondigroup.com/gogreentrivia) is now online until March, with monthly prize draws for a Sony Xperia P Smartphone (the European Green Smartphone 2012/13), two sets of MP3 loud speakers made of pulp and three sets of the Green Range collector's mugs as third prize. For each participant who plays the Green Range Trivia Game Mondi will donate one euro to OroVerde's reforestation program; one euro equals one tree planted.
A further testament to Mondi's efforts in the area of sustainable paper production, the company is the recent recipient of two WWF Environmental Paper Awards in the categories "Transparency" as well as "Best Environmental Performance Paper Brands" for 100% recycled NAUTILUS® SuperWhite; winner of the Pulp and Paper International (PPI) Awards for Managing Risk and Safety (company category, Mondi SCP, Slovakia), Efficiency Improvements of the Year (mill category, Mondi SCP, Slovakia) and Environmental Strategy of the Year (company category, Mondi Group, http://sd-report.mondigroup.com/2011/).
More information about the Mondi Green Range can be found at www.mondigroup.com/gogreen.