WÜRZBURG, Germany, Aug. 1, 2016 (Press Release) -With a strong focus on growth markets, such as conventional and digital packaging printing, as part of its successful strategy, KBA has announced its return to the sheetfed flexo market for corrugated at Drupa and has named KBA North America to handle its sales, parts, and service. “We were active in this market around 10 years ago with a KBA Corrugraph flexo press built at our U.S. plant,” says KBA CEO and president Claus Bolza-Schünemann. “Users of the first Corrugraph series are extremely satisfied with their presses and we have the know-how to build a cutting-edge version of our sheetfed flexo press. We see good prospects to return successfully to this large market with a new generation of Corrugraph flexo presses. It is expected to be built at KBA’s headquarters in Würzburg.”
The KBA Corrugraph sheetfed flexo press offers a high-performance press for large-format corrugated board printing. It unites robust press engineering, cutting-edge electronics and intelligent automation making it a top-performance production tool. The focus when developing a new press from this proven series was on maximum flexibility, print quality, user-friendliness and ease of maintenance.
The Corrugraph with an inline rotary die-cutter has a maximum rated output of 12,000 sheets per hour and can print and die-cut multicolor graphics inline on corrugated board up to 3,400mm (134in) wide and 10mm (0.39in) thick.
- Infeed system with a larger distance between the feed system and first print cylinder group for greater ease of operation, productivity and reliability
- Precise color register through shaftless lead edge feeder with variable control of the feed table for various sheet lengths
- Integrated dust extractor before the first printing unit enhances the print quality by cleaning dust from the sheet surface
- Corrugated sheets are transported in register by a continuous, overhead vacuum transport system from the feeder to the rotary die-cutter
- The KBA chamber doctor system, made of corrosion-resistant material, can be swung down for cleaning purposes. Its small size minimizes ink loss during washing
- The large diameter of the impression cylinders and anilox rollers guarantee a stable printing platform during continuous production
- The anilox roller can be changed in approximately 15 minutes
- Lateral and diagonal adjustment of the plate cylinder is motorized
- Gearless, oil-free printing units
- Dedicated drives for impression cylinders, plate cylinders and anilox rollers reduce operating and maintenance efforts
- Dedicated drive technology also permits various plate thicknesses and fast print length corrections
- Printing units are fitted as standard with an ink management and doctor blade chamber wash-up system designed to reduce wash water
- Improved drying and register by a distance of at least 1,727mm (68in) between the single units ensures that the sheets are never in a feed and print nip, two print nips, or a print and die-cut nip at the same time
- Integrated rotary die-cutter with dedicated drives permits separation of printing and die-cutting as well as efficient sheet control for securing quality production
- Space for optional additional drying units (UV/IR) between the last printing unit and rotary die-cutter
KBA North America is actively seeking beta sites for this newest version of the Corrugraph. If interested, please send a note to NAemail@example.com.
KBA North America is located in Dallas, Texas and a member of the KBA Group. Established almost 200 years ago in Würzburg, Germany, Koenig & Bauer AG (KBA) is the oldest and second largest press manufacturer worldwide. KBA's banner, 'People & Print', reflects its dual focus as a leading innovator for print entrepreneurs. The group's product range is the broadest in the industry; its portfolio includes sheetfed offset presses in all format classes, inkjet presses and systems, flexographic presses, commercial and newspaper web presses, special presses for banknotes, securities, metal-decorating, smart cards, glass and plastic decorating.