- LUDWIGSHAFEN, Germany, May 3, 2019 (Press Release) -
- Franz Fehrenbach and Sinischa Horvat elected as Vice Chairmen
- homas Carell and Alexander Karp succeed Michael Diekmann and François Diederich as new shareholder representatives
In its constitutive meeting, the new Supervisory Board of BASF SE has confirmed Dr. Jürgen Hambrecht as Chairman of the Supervisory Board. The Supervisory Board elected Franz Fehrenbach and Sinischa Horvat as Vice Chairmen.
The Annual Shareholders’ Meeting of BASF SE elected the following shareholder representatives as members of the Supervisory Board:
- Professor Dr. Thomas Carell, Munich
- Dame Alison Carnwath, Exeter, UK
- Franz Fehrenbach, Stuttgart
- Jürgen Hambrecht, Neustadt
- Alexander C. Karp, Palo Alto, California
- Anke Schäferkordt, Cologne
Michael Diekmann and Professor Dr. François Diederich were no longer available for reelection because of the length of their service. They are succeeded by Professor Dr. Thomas Carell (52), Professor for Organic Chemistry at the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich and Dr. Alexander C. Karp (51), CEO Palantir Technologies Inc. Karp will cover the competence area of digitalization and information technology. In the succession of Diederich, Carell will strengthen the Supervisory Board’s knowledge in the areas of chemistry, biology, plant engineering and artificial intelligence and the related value chains.
The BASF Europa Betriebsrat (European works council) on November 21, 2018 appointed the following employee representatives to the Supervisory Board of BASF SE:
- Tatjana Diether, Limburgerhof
- Sinischa Horvat, Limburgerhof
- Waldemar Helber, Otterbach
- Denise Schellemans, Brecht, Belgium
- Roland Strasser, Riedstadt
- Michael Vassiliadis, Hanover
The appointments of the Supervisory Board members are valid until the end of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2024.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 122,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of around €63 billion in 2018. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S.