ESPOO, Finland, Oct. 22, 2018 (Press Release) -Valmet has agreed with Clariant on the delivery of a BioTrac biomass pretreatment system for their sunliquid cellulosic ethanol plant in Romania.
The order is included in Valmet's third quarter 2018 orders received. The value of the order will not be disclosed. The start-up is planned for 2020.Read more
MADRID, Spain, Oct. 18, 2018 (Press Release) -Ence Energía, S.L.U. has signed an agreement with Iberdrola Renovables de Castilla La Mancha, S.A.U. for the acquisition of its 90% stake in Puertollano solar thermal plant, for an amount that could reach up to 145.8 million euros. The agreement is subject to IDAE, owner of the remaining 10% of the plant, not exercising its right of first refusal.Read more
BRUSSELS, Oct. 18, 2018 (Press Release) -The Association of European Coreboard producers (ECBA) in Brussels reports that the demand in 2018 is still extraordinary good and could not be expected in that extent, neither by the producers nor by the customers. That’s the reason why producers ran through over the summer holidays and had to postpone again the necessary maintenance.Read more
BIELEFELD, Germany , Oct. 18, 2018 (Press Release) -Mitsubishi HiTec Paper, along with four other North Rhine-Westphalian paper mills and eight companies in the chemical industry, have together established the energy efficiency network ChePap Rhein-Ruhr II.Read more
WARDRECQUES, France, Oct. 16, 2018 (Press Release) -In 2019, CGW will increase its consumption of energy from renewables used in the production of paper and board, to 35%. The current output from the factory equates to 180,000 Tonnes of paper and 300 Million m2 of corrugated board.Read more
VANCOUVER, BC, Oct. 11, 2018 (Business Vancouver) -The National Energy Board has given Enbridge Inc. (TSX, NYSE:ENB) approval to restart its parallel, 30-inch line. The approval came late Wednesday evening (October 10) after an integrity assessment examining signs of damage to the pipe, geotechnical and ground disturbance, and other potential issues.
British Columbians can count themselves lucky a natural gas pipeline explosion near Prince George that affected roughly one million natural gas customers yesterday didn’t kill anyone and happened in the fall, not the dead of winter.Read more
HELSINKI, Oct. 9, 2018 (Press Release) -Stora Enso and energy company Gasum have signed a contract to build a biogas plant at Stora Enso’s Nymölla paper mill in Sweden. The plant, built and operated by Gasum, will turn the mill’s wastewater effluent into renewable energy.Read more
VAXJO, Sweden, Oct. 2, 2018 (Press Release) -Södra’s nurseries have now transitioned to fossil-free operations. Heating, machinery and vehicles are all powered by renewable energy. “Persistent efforts and environmental investments of SEK 10 million have generated results,” said Johan Jonsson, Head of Södra Skogsplantor.Read more